Leaf and be happy

It’s Friday, folks. We made it through another bumpy week. It’s time to relax, unwind, and put your feet up.

Whatever you decide to do this weekend, take time to care for yourself, help a friend, or do something good for the world. Hug yourself. Call a friend. Kiss your loved one. Turn your phone off, go off-grid, and curl up on the couch with a good book. Take your dog out for a walk and remind them why you’re the coolest person they know. Take a nap. Put time aside to feel sexy — alone or with someone who finds you sexy. Meditate and find small things to be grateful for. Watch your favorite movie. Make new memories you’ll want to photograph and write about. Be kind. Be naughty. Turn off the news for one day (two?). Whoever you’re rooting for, may it be a tie-game. Don’t eat too many wings or nachos. Go out for a walk in nature. At the end of the day, turn off the lights and sit by the light of a candle. Remember all those things you marvelled at when you were a kid. Feel like that kid again, and remind him — yourself — that you love him. Believe, once again, that life can be magic.

Happy Imbolc!

The Practice of Contemplative Photography.

Leafandbehappy

7 Comments

1. Steven says:

Oh too bad, I was just about to leave a comment but you said to turn my phone off. Lol

Actually a friend just text me to invite me for lunch, usually I’m bad and put it off but this time I thought, why not, I need to do more friend stuff.

1. Walter Kiri says:

I’d leave my phone turned on for you. 😉 Now go and be naughty. I’d love to read all about it. 😜

2. rjjs8878 says:

I had dinner tonight with a good friend who is going through a rough patch. He did want to eat a dinner alone at home in his palatial home. I came home and read your post, I felt good about treating him to dinner.

1. Walter Kiri says:

It’s in the small things. Have a good weekend.

3. Great post, though I am reading it as the weekend draws to a conclusion. I have been taking care of my sick flu stricken daughter all weekend. No fun, but she needs me! 103 fever! I just hope I don’t get it. I had the flu shot…we’ll see.

Liked by 1 person

1. Walter Kiri says:

I believe taking care of your daughter counts as part of Leaf and be happy recommendations. Mint tea, echinacea, and vitamin C + zinc to chase away a cold, or flu. Stay warm, and I too hope you don’t get sick.

4. Urspo says:

I hope some of us also put up our legs.

Comments are closed.